thedemonlibrarian

The Demon Librarian

Warning to all readers: A mind once expanded can never return to its original dimensions. #trufax Website: http://www.thedemonlibrarian.com/ My name is Lynsey. I am an avid reader. My favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and the occasional Historical or Romantic mystery. I currently have around 30-40 series on the go, and am constantly feeding my TBR monster. It's an addiction, what can I say? Anyway. Happy reading, everyone! ☆.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ♥ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
First Time For Everything - Aimee Carson Find more reviews at The Demon Librarian.Cute but forgettable.That's not necessarily a criticism, either. I imagine regular readers of Harlequin romances aren't looking for the next mind-blowing, award winning read; they're simply looking for a brief but fun romantic escape, and that's exactly what they'll get here with First Time for Everything.KISS is a relatively new imprint from Harlequin pegged as "...fun, flirty reads featuring smart, sassy heroines, equally matched by 21st century alpha heroes!" and it will be popular with readers looking for relateable modern love stories. It's sensual and sexy, but not too over the top or explicit.Your romance in this case is between slightly hippyish, cowboy boot-wearing care worker Jax, and uptight but very hot lawyer Blake. He also happens to be older brother to Jax's new BFF and partner in crime, and they meet when Blake sees them starting a flash mob dance routine in the park, which I thought was really cute!Jax and Blake had plenty of chemistry, and the love scenes really sizzled. The rest of the plot concerning Jax's troubled past, however, I found slightly lacking. I wondered, as I read, if perhaps the idea was not to darken the tone or the fun, sexy vibe by delving too deeply into her issues, or if it was simply that I just didn't feel engaged in this aspect, but either way, that connection lacked and my rating reflects that.3 ★★★ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.