thedemonlibrarian

The Demon Librarian

Warning to all readers: A mind once expanded can never return to its original dimensions. #trufax Website: http://www.thedemonlibrarian.com/ My name is Lynsey. I am an avid reader. My favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and the occasional Historical or Romantic mystery. I currently have around 30-40 series on the go, and am constantly feeding my TBR monster. It's an addiction, what can I say? Anyway. Happy reading, everyone! ☆.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ♥ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
Walking Dead (The Walker Papers, Book 4) - C.E. Murphy Another exciting, action-packed story from C. E. Murphy. I'd say overall I enjoyed it just as much as the previous one. It had a strong mystery plot once again and Joanne is getting increasingly better at handling her many different abilities when put to the test. Even without the help of her mentor, Coyote, who is still M.I.A.I did have an issue with one small aspect of it though. My little niggle was that, in between this book and the last book, it seems Joanne has started a relationship of some kind with one of the secondary characters. This bothered me, not because of who the guy is- I like him just fine- and not because it's not the one we've been getting hints and clues about -I can wait. I am patient, like a spider- but because it happened IN BETWEEN books. I hate that! When you come to read the next book in a series only to find out that rather significant things have happened to your lead character in the weeks or months between stories that you don't get to "see". It just doesn't make sense to me to have something as important as a new love interest begin without us being privy to it. This led to me having to try and work out for myself how important he is to her- are they just "dating"? Are they in a sexual relationship? How much am I supposed to care about him? I still don't know the answer to these questions which I find annoying to the nth degree.Anyway, I got over it. And on the plus side, it did at least serve as a warning to certain other parties that Joanne won't stay on the shelf forever!The main plot this time revolved around the time of Halloween and had zombies! How cool is that? It also saw the reappearance of "The Hunt" from the first book as it's the time of year that they have to Ride, and that was enjoyable too. I'm still enjoying the relationship Jo has with the adorable septuagenarian Gary, the cabbie. He's like the father-figure she no longer has. And even though there was obviously no progress on the Morrison-as-love-interest front because of the new guy, what was good was that he at least now has no choice but to believe in Joanne's shamanic abilities, as he definitely gets sufficient proof in this one!Originally reviewed for Urban Fantasy Book Reviewshttp://urbanfantasybookreviews.blogspot.com/