thedemonlibrarian

The Demon Librarian

Warning to all readers: A mind once expanded can never return to its original dimensions. #trufax Website: http://www.thedemonlibrarian.com/ My name is Lynsey. I am an avid reader. My favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and the occasional Historical or Romantic mystery. I currently have around 30-40 series on the go, and am constantly feeding my TBR monster. It's an addiction, what can I say? Anyway. Happy reading, everyone! ☆.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ♥ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
Clockwork Mafia - Seleste deLaney Find more reviews at The Demon Librarian.Steam but no sizzle.I find myself slightly frustrated after finishing CLOCKWORK MAFIA. Like I've been short changed somehow. You see, its synopsis reads like that of any other romance novel—albeit a steampunk one—with a bit about the heroine and a bit about the hero. So I was kind of expecting a full on romance. You know, with heated kisses and intimate scenes and stuff like that. But, nope it was sadly lacking in that department. Only a couple of smooches which had little impact. And, you know, I can happily read a book with no sex in it just fine, so it's not like I'm some insatiable smutmonster or anything. But it's all about expectations. I expected more romance, I didn't get it, so I'm disappointed. So on the romance front, it gets a very low score.However, on the Steampunk side of things, I really enjoyed it. I loved that Henrietta was so skilled with machines and clockworks, even if it did land her in hot water more often than not thanks to her late father's dealings with the mafia. I also loved that the hero, Carson, was still amiable despite being a man hell-bent on vengeance for his murdered fiance these last eight years. And the descriptions of all the various instruments were great, and the plot in general was entertaining, if fairly short. Hey, maybe they could have made it longer with some sex scenes! Just a thought.So, all in all an entertaining steampunk, but a disappointing romance3 Stars ★★★ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.