thedemonlibrarian

The Demon Librarian

Warning to all readers: A mind once expanded can never return to its original dimensions. #trufax Website: http://www.thedemonlibrarian.com/ My name is Lynsey. I am an avid reader. My favourite genres are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and the occasional Historical or Romantic mystery. I currently have around 30-40 series on the go, and am constantly feeding my TBR monster. It's an addiction, what can I say? Anyway. Happy reading, everyone! ☆.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ♥ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
Full Moon Rising - Keri Arthur Now, I'm not usually a fan of free-loving ladies who think monogamy is some sort of cream-coloured paint. And I don't usually like books to have more than 2-3 sex scenes in them or I start to get annoyed and/or bored senseless. And I also don't usually like for my leading ladies to have more than one lover on-the-go at once (fussy, aren't I?). However, although this story has much more sex in it than my usual quota, it also had enough of a plot to back it up with that I could accept it as integral to the story.I think possibly the other reason I can tolerate it in this book, is that our main character, Riley, is very clear on the fact that it's just sex. So there aren't pages and pages of dithering monologue before and afterward, wondering should I have done that? What about the other guy(s)? Does he love me? Do I love him? None of that nonsense. The werewolf race in this series sees sex as a celebration, not something to be limited, rationed or ashamed of in any way. And indeed, in the week leading up to the full moon, it's something they can't avoid or they'll go crazy....literally.Anyway, removing my mind from the gutter for one second, the plot centred around cloning and cross-breeding of the various non-human races and was fascinating and had good pacing. I can see possible plot lines for future books and am looking forward to Riley realizing her full potential in the books to come.So, in essence, this is a good, fast-paced Urban Fantasy only with LOTS more sex scenes in it than your average UF. I just hope she will settle down with that side of things in the next book, assuming that one will not be set around the time of the full moon, or it might become tedious.